May is here, and it is a big month for people to move during. Whether you are moving to a house, a new apartment, or have college grads moving, moving is a lot of work and often requires a lot of packing supplies. That’s why we want to offer some of our best tips to make your move as easy as possible.
· Pack your heavy items in small boxes and your lighter items in large ones. It may be tempting to fit as much as you can into a large box, but you don’t want to make it so heavy that it's impossible to move.
· If possible, pack electronics in the original box. If not, use bubble wrap to protect them.
· Tape your boxes closed. During a move, boxes may tip over, someone may drop the box while walking, etc. If the box is taped your possessions will be safer.
· Use unprinted newsprint instead of newspaper to wrap items. Printed newsprint could stain your items.
· Pack your boxes by room. It will make the entire experience much more organized.
· Use wardrobe boxes. These boxes allow you to hang your clothes on hangers inside the box. It will save a lot of time.
· Always label your boxes so you know what is inside them. If you don’t, you’ll be stuck opening each box to find what you need.
· Start packing early. It takes much longer than you would expect it to, so start packing the things you don’t use as far in advance as possible.
· Pack a box of essential items such as a change of clothes, your toothbrush, and other similar items. Have it accessible right when you move in.
· Pack your items tightly. Do not leave empty space in the boxes. Any item can be damaged. Fill this space with towels or packing paper.
That’s just a few tips for making your next move easier. Looking for moving supplies? ShippingSupply.com has a large selection of items such as boxes, tape, and more that will be a huge help with your new move!