It is extremely important that you keep your customers satisfied. Even if you have a customer who only makes a single purchase, if they have a good experience they are likely to mention your business to their friends and family. Today we’ve got some tips to make all your customers satisfied.
1. Keep customers informed about their order status. How many times have you ordered a product online and not heard anything from the seller? If the order is late, you then have to track down a tracking number or sometimes even a phone number to find out what is going on. Notify your customers every step of the way. Let them know you’ve received their order, when the order has been processed and when it ships, along with details so customers can track their package. You may even send an email when their item has arrived. This keeps your customer in the loop for the entire shipping process, so they are less likely to get frustrated by the shipping time.
2. Apologize for late delivery. One of customer’s biggest gripes is late delivery. Sometimes this may be your fault due to delayed processing, sometimes it may be the fault of the company shipping the product. No matter the reason, contact your customer and offer an apology, and if possible an updated estimate of when their product will arrive. Your customers may still be annoyed, but they will at least be informed.
3. Make your customers feel valued. You want them to know you appreciate their business. A great way to do this is to send a note thanking them for their purchase, or sending a coupon for a future purchase. This can be right in the package with their product. Even if the customer doesn’t use it, they will appreciate the thought. Knowing their business is important to you will make them more likely to shop with you again.
4. Have a fast turnaround. Online shoppers want their items quickly, so get it to them as quickly as possible. If you have items that are on back stock or have lead times, make sure the customer knows that before they place the order. Fast shipping is extremely important, and the faster the product gets to your customer the happier they will be.
5. Ensure your products arrive undamaged. This means taking the time beforehand to make sure items are packaged properly. You need to have the right packing supplies for the right product. Make sure anything fragile is handled with exceptional care. Accidents do happen during shipping, but with the right packaging technique your items should almost always arrive intact, saving you money and keeping customers satisfied.
Do you have any tips for keeping your customers happy? Let us know in the comments!